10 April 2010

Saturday 10th April

One of the reasons why I stayed overnight in Bangkok rather than continuing on to Sydney immediately was to try to avoid jetlag. The idea doesn't seem to be working so far because I only got one or two hours of sleep last night.

I checked out of the hotel at 5am and caught the shuttle bus to the airport. After going through customs and security, I had some coffee and something simple to eat to keep me going because I assumed that we would be served breakfast after take-off.

Our plane was due to leave just before 8am but we were delayed by more than 20 minutes because several passengers didn't board the plane and so the airport staff had to find their luggage and unload it from the plane.

If there were empty seats in the plane, I certainly didn't see where they were. To me, the plane looked completely full.

I got a window seat because I decided to take some photos with my iPhone during the journey. I got a few shots at Bangkok and along the way but it was dark in Sydney by the time we arrived and those photos didn't work out.

The man who was sitting in the aisle seat next to me had no intention of moving during the flight. So I had to climb over him whether he was awake or asleep. I'm not sure if he spoke English because I didn't hear him say a word. When the airline staff asked him which option he wanted for breakfast or dinner, he merely grunted and pointed at the option he wanted on the menu card.

My flight landed in Sydney just before 8pm and I was home soon after 9pm. I had a fabulous holiday but it was still good to be home.

Cleo was very pleased to see me. Steph and her Scottish friends seem to have done an excellent job of looking after the house and animals while I was away. Not only was the house clean and tidy but so was Cleo.

No comments:

Post a Comment