I am due to fly out of London this evening to head home to Sydney via Bangkok. So I packed my bags and we left the B and B after breakfast. Luckily, Jalal was cleaning his car and he offered to give us a lift to Nicky's place. This was much easier than carting the bags there on the bus.
At about 11am we went for a walk with Amelia in the pram. We walked along Spaniards Road on the edge of Hampstead Heath to Kenwood House which is a beautiful mansion with large grounds at one entrance to the Heath. You might remember it from the film Notting Hill. There we had lunch in the garden of the coffee shop.
Today has been a beautiful sunny day without a cloud in the sky. When we woke up it was only 5C and they were forecasting a maximum of 17C. Summer must be on the way. In the coffee shop garden at Kenwood House, it felt quite warm in the sun even though it was still only 13C. I'd taken off my heavy coat and if we had stayed there any longer I would have taken off my jumper too.
After lunch, we walked back to Nicky's place through the Heath. There were lots of other people with prams, people walking dogs and others just strolling and enjoying an outing in the sunshine.
Amelia seems to enjoy the walks in the park provided that you don't stop for too long. As we got close to home, she let us know that she was ready for a feed.
I'd booked a car to pick me up at 3pm from Nicky's place to take me to Heathrow but it turned up 20 minutes early and we reached Heathrow Terminal 1 at about 3:30pm. The driver said it was a quicker run that usual because it is school holidays. So I was in plenty of time by my 6:35pm flight.
After passing through customs and security, I found the Star Alliance lounge and settled in with my book and a whisky.
The flight reached Zurich ahead of schedule. The flight from Zurich to Bangkok was from Terminal E and so you need to catch the airport train to that terminal. It's very efficient. The trains run every five or ten minutes and the trip takes less than five minutes.
8 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment